Esco Medical has successfully conducted a MIRI® Time-lapse workshop last September 8-11, 2019 at the Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. The workshop was conducted in collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, as part of their one-year Master of Clinical Embryology student program.
Forty Master of Clinical Embryology students of Monash University participated in the 4-day workshop which was facilitated by industry experts from Israel and Denmark.
- Diana Stein, an embryologist practicing since 1984 and the IVF Laboratory Manager of Laniado Hospital in Israel. She has been using the MIRI® TL since 2014.
- Morten Kristensen, a biologist and an application specialist from Esco Denmark.
The workshop was divided into two parts: The first part focused on theoretical knowledge building while the second part was a practical hands-on session under the supervision and guidance of Diana and Morten
- Embryo development and benefits of time-lapse compared with standard observations
- Cleavage abnormalities and their effect on implantation potential
- Applying a time-lapse model to a patient population and what to be aware of
- Pre-implantation genetic screening (PGS) vs time-lapse.
The attendees were also introduced to the existing Esco products and upcoming innovations, designed to help centers improve clinical outcomes and improve patient satisfaction.
Esco Medical would like to thank the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Monash University and the participants. We hope that the workshop’s aim of helping IVF clinicians and embryologists to get to know more about time-lapse technology for embryo culture was made into fruition.
Please email us at [email protected] for the schedule of the upcoming MIRI® TL workshops. We look forward to seeing you at the next TL workshop.